The IDELab MAPSTRACTION project
About IDELab Mapstraction
Why IDELab Mapstraction?
Mapstraction additionally fills some holes each provider's current offerings (taking advantage of existing open source solutions where possible) to normalise the feature set across platforms. Now you can add features to a map using the GEOJSON format, and get all them in an only GEOJSON object.
- Interactivity: Now maps are interactives and users can modify them!
- Flamingo Flash client: New Flash based map client
- Packaged provider CARTOCIUDAD: IDELab Mapstraction provides a new packaged provider, Cartociudad (Cartociudad Demos), which users can use to show their maps.
Users can add new functionality to Mapstraction adding functions to the Mapstraction object’s prototype
We have a mailing list, a wiki and a roadmap. Subversion access is detailed here.
This project is the result of a community effort by people working at Valladolid University. Any collaboration will be welcomed.
Development of IDELab Mapstraction has been made possible by the generous support of:
- Instituto Geográfico Nacional (Ministerio de fomento) Spain http://www.ign.es
- Infraestructura de Datos Espaciales de España (Spatial Data Infraestructure of Spain) http://www.idee.es
- Universidad de Valladolid http://www.uva.es